Translate

2.22.2016

TONYMOLY - Panda’s Dream Brightening Eye Base - Review


Can you tell how much I love Tonymoly? it seems all I want to try out is more tonymoly products.
Maybe it's the irresistible packaging or the very affordable price that keeps attracting me. But I just can't get enough.

Who understands dark circles better than pandas? :) The packaging just sold me right there, so cute!


What the product promises:
Silky type eye base for bright eyes with flower scent. Brightens, moisturizes, clears, and covers dark and blemished skin. Contains haloxyl gooseberry extract.
A stick-style concealer, this light and creamy base brightens your under eye area for a healthy, refreshed appearance. Dot under your eye and gently smooth to cover.


Gooseberry has a high antioxidant content also known under the name Amla, it's a super fruit which helps to prevent Oxidative stress (=imbalance between the production of free radicals and the ability of the body to counteract or detoxify their harmful effects through neutralization by antioxidants) and degradation of skin proteins. It also enhances the firmness of the skin and prevents skin ageing.
The extract of amla is rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential in collagen production, a compound that keeps the skin looking young and elastic.

haloxyl helps treat dark circles under the eyes. it is formulated to target and absorb the pigment present in the blood that is responsible for color; which, when applied to dark circles, can fade them with repeated use. Haloxyl is also designed to increase the firmness in the skin around and under the eye, which may lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well.

Panda's Dream Brightening Eye Base is a cult favorite from Korea. it has a light and creamy base which brightens the under eye area for a healthy, refreshed appearance.

Directions of use:
Apply on dark circles and blemishes around the eyes - Tap in for absorption. 


I bought this because I have dark circles and sometimes a bit puffy eyes from lack of sleep. I love tonymoly products and I really wanted to try this one out. 

I use this every morning under my eyes before applying my concealer. I do use an eye cream before applying any makeup on. So this doesn't come as a replacement for a moisturizer. It has a very thick texture, and sticky. So you need to gently pat it under your eyes with your fingers to warm the product in order to blend it to the skin.


The product itself is a white paste so make sure to blend it or it will look weird.  I'm not sure how this will work on darker skin tones but on my pale self it blends seamlessly. In my opinion this is not a magical product or a miracle worker. With that said I will admit that it covers some of the darkness. I don't know if it's the good ingredients inside or just the fact that it's so white.


I apply this also on spots that I have and breakouts. I find that it cancels the red pigment quite well and a a good base similar to the color correcting concealers that you can find in other makeup brands.

I was applying it under the eyes and also on my eyelids I was wondering if it will serve as a good primer. But unfortunately it creases like crazy! so use it under the eyes, apply concealer and don't forget to set it with some kind of powder if you don't want it to settle into creases. If you're thinking of using it on its own with no makeup, prepare to check your face frequently to make sure that there are no creases.

If you have really bad dark circles, or mature skin this probably won't do much but if it isn't too bad and you need a little bit to brighten the eyes, it is a good product for that purpose. 


You can find it in your local Sephora or Urban outfitters stores (marked around 12$).
Also can be found in Korean online stores.

I bought mine here
Don't forget cahback

No comments:

Post a Comment